Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Outta the blue

My TOP 10 issues for the week:

1. Is it really Wednesday again? I don't understand why time flies so damn fast nowadays. I thought the weekend just ended, and now i find myself in the middle of the week with a ton of things to do. I have to go to work tonight.

2. Packing someone else's things is a lot more complicated than i expected. I don't think i'm anywhere near done... and i already spent 2 weekends trying to finish up. How the hell am i gonna do this?

3. I've been trying to come up with a name for my jewelry line... and so far i've come up with- nothing. This may seem like something petty... but it means a lot to me. It's like naming your child. haha! It has to hit me... and so far, i haven't been struck yet.

4. I've been trying really hard to find extra time to spend with Ian. But our schedules and our body clocks clash so much that it's almost impossible to kick it. I'm convinced that this might be how things are going to be until he leaves- and that really sucks. Rotations are only gonna get crazier... and when i miss someone, my defense mechanism takes over and i try to distract myself with other things. I'm not so sure if that's a good thing.

5. I finally got a taxi service. Well... i'll find out for sure tonight. It all depends on whether he replies to my text or not and actually comes to pick me up in front of my house.
I've been doing a certain routine for quite a while now- in terms of going to work. I step out onto the same curb at exactly the same times on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Satrudays. I think the people who kick it at that corner have noticed... and last week, i found myself surrounded by 5 men asking me questions and trying to touch me. So f**k that. I've had it with that stupid corner and sweating my ass off, in the heat (or the rain), inhaling carbon monoxide, the creepy staring and the dumb yelling and "pssst" and "hoy!"s that come along with it. I think avoiding all that is worth an extra 30-50 pesos. Why not? Comfort costs money... it's the sad reality of things.

6. I remember giving in all the papers and requirements for Dylan's birth certificate a long ass time ago. What the hell happened? Yeah, it's been 3 years since he was born. I'm very well aware of that. Don't ask. Long story. And no, it's not MY fault. *ahem ahem*

7. I told myself a few weeks ago that i should shop more often. Well, i go out a lot and the clothes i have on rotation are... well... just not enough. I wouldn't be surprised if i took someone i know aside and asked him/her to name every single article of clothing i have in my closet- and they'd be able to tell me.(Okay, that might be a bit exaggerated, but you get my point)
Anyway, i'm supposed to be buying atleast 1 article of clothing once a week. The only problem is... i can't find anything that i like (that i can afford at the same time). When i have money, there's nothing to buy. When i'm broke, i find myself wanting to buy a million things. Ironic, isn't it? Yeah, that's usually how it is.

8. I need to update all my music and (i hate this part) change most of my CDs. They work with the good equipment... but it just sucks when i need to play something and damn player won't read it. Yeah, yeah, i'd use Serrato... but i need a laptop first. I have a thing with using other people's things. I don't like being held liable for ANYTHING that happens to it. I'd rather not add that extra stress to my life.
Which brings me to my next issue...

9. After the incident with my headphones breaking last week (the left ear piece SNAPPED off, and no, i was not the one using them when it happened)... and nobody taking the blame for it or willing to help me out with the damage... i'm a little bit shocked that they still pick it up and use it without even asking me. Am i really that nice?
I think it should be a DJ rule to have your own stuff. Damn, those things are NOT cheap. And THOSE ones in particular meant a LOT to me. Shoot... it looks like RoboCop now. Or like my headphones went to the dentist and got braces. They drilled holes on the side and put wires through it to hold together... and used a lot of superglue. My dad added an extra bracket over it just to make sure it doesn't snap off again in the middle of a gig.
Typical me, never says shit. That's what i get for being too nice. Nobody suffers but me in the end, right? Now the sound quality is starting to get crappy.
Look, i have no problem with sharing. I never have. I just wish that people would respect me enough to be considerate with my stuff, especially since i'm so careful and i take care of my things.
Just talking about this makes me sad. I'll have to work for some new ones... and then i can let whoever use the broken ones. Hey, better than nothing, right? Shiiiit... you got something to say? Buy your own shit. Peace.

10. I have to enroll Dylan into some sort of Pre-school or Gymboree classes or something. He needs to start socializing with people his size. haha! =) He gets really shy around other kids. He's aggressive and loud, he doesn't shut up, he's really rough and never stops moving... but put him in a room with a bunch of toddlers- the guy becomes incredibly discreet.
Of course, this means, additional expenses and making room for extra time to be able to take him there and back home. *ahem ahem*
A little help would be much appreciated... but that's not so reliable these days. Hopefully, it works out. We'll see.

--END OF TOP 10 LIST--

**does it sound like stress-galore? that sucks. I think i need to make some changes in my life.
Gotta find something happy to write about too. hmm...

No comments: