Friday, July 27, 2007

Deprivation be gone

In a word, yes.

Okay, so the new not-in-valenzuela pad happens to have no access to internet. It's more complicated than it seems. How hard can it be, right? Well, you try talking to the landlady... just like the last one, seems to think of everything she could possibly charge us an arm and a leg for.
The first day Ian stayed there, the bathroom sink got clogged. Like, seriously clogged. The water would chill there for hours- and i mean HOURS. There are days it's never even empty. Nasty, i know. But she blamed it on him and says she's not gonna fix it. She says it's because he shaves there... yeah. Apparently, stubble, 1mm thick, can clog your drain. Geez, i can't believe that got past me! Genius.
We have a landline that we never use. We don't ever have a reason to call anybody and nobody's home long enough to ever use it for that purpose anyway. Oh, and the lady didn't give us the number. We don't even know what our phone number is. I also keep it off the hook because in ridiculous hours in the morning or every single time i decide i wanna get some much needed rest, someone calls- and they're looking for Banrangay. Always. Every single time. Did we get the same number as them or something?
My point is- we don't use the landline... and she's charging us 1,000 pesos a month. Yeah, right! For what?!?!? We didn't ask for it, and we don't use it. End of discussion.
I'm internet deprived.

I have been sober since my Friday Night Birthday Fiasco. Well, i've had a drink here and there... but i can honestly say that i've really just been sober every time i go out. It's not so bad. It really isn't. The night goes by a little slower and watching everyone being crazy is not as fun as being crazy with them. But i think my liver likes me better and my head fully thanks me the morning after.
However, all that will come to an end tonight. We're about to witness major stupidity once again- it's another birthday weekend, and the entire crew is getting plastered.
That's just the way it is.

Harry Potter 7 has been out for almost a week now and i'm happy to report that i didn't come across any spoilers and actully finished the book in just under 15 hours- straight. Well, i had to eat in between and use the bathroom and such... but i even ignored Dylan for a little bit and told him not to talk to Mommy. haha! He didn't listen so i had a few interuptions here and there.
I'm not gonna give away anything... but i'm just gonna say i expected a little bit more. My sister cried. I didn't. But nonetheless, the story was brilliantly executed and JK Rowling just made another hundreds of millions of dollars. Mere pocket change to add to her already flourishing empire. Jolly good for her.

I don't know if i've written about this recently, but i think not. I miss my gurls A LOT. It's not the same going out a lot and not seeing your core group gurls. Or having dinner and coffee or afternoon chats when we just feel like it.
I understand that things have changed and the possibility of things going back to the way they once were are slim to nil... but i'm only asking for every so often. It needn't be every single day.
Err... i just miss em, that's all.

Ian's leaving in 8 weeks... and i already don't see him as much as it is... boo.

Okay, so at the moment, i feel as thought there may be some things in my life that needs altering or maybe some things are just simply lacking. Whatever it is, i feel fine. I know i can do this. My cancerian-boar self just shouldn't be so freakin' emotional and sensitive all the time.
It's not that serious.

No comments: