Tuesday, July 3, 2007

One fine day

A day like any other.

I woke up to the words "i love you". I went out to buy eggs and made Dylan and the boys breakfast. I spent the morning watching Dylan's movies. We skipped lunch because breakfast was considered brunch. When Dylan went down for his nap, i spent the whole afternoon finishing the 2nd season of Prison Break (it's one of the worst series i have ever seen, but it kept me preoccupied for a few days).

We bought chicken for dinner and we had ice cream for dessert. I played with Dylan the rest of the night. I got kicked in the face, my hair was pulled, there were toys everywhere, the room was a mess, and Dylan was filthy. I gave Dylan a bath, my dad cleaned up his toys and now the ever-so-hyper 3 year old is getting ready for bed.

What an ordinary day. Nothing out of the norm.
I turned 24 today.

I've been waiting to turn 24 since i was 13, i think. I don't know why. I thought it had a nice ring to it. Ridiculous, yes. When we were young, we all just couldn't wait to grow up. "Grown up" lives looked fun and promising. Running our own lives and making our own decisions. Yet the older we get, we only long to be young once again. How ironic.

I haven't decided if this means anything yet... but shoot... i turned 24 today.

No comments: