Friday, December 7, 2007

The long car rides home

It's my favorite time of the "day". There's no traffic. You can come and go as you please. Everyone is resting. It's considered unusual to be up and about at this time. But i like it. I feel like this is the time where i'm at my best.

It feels as if the chaos is at a minimum. The busy air has a calm breeze to it now. It's actually alright. It feels like freedom... and there's nobody criticizing you.

I love the long car rides home. Especially when i retrace routes and follow a pattern i've gone through so many times before. It's a part of my past. It was something i lived through. And this is the time mostly spent thinking and pondering. Looking into the future, thinking about the present, and reminiscing about the past.
I'm sentimental. I can't help it.

But i enjoy these moments. They're part of something i'm still trying to put together.

I'm still looking forward to finding out what's about to happen. I have a feeling things are about to make a drastic change.
It just has to.

No comments: