Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hmm...

*That's not right. I don't think it should be doing that.

DUh.
There is smoke coming from my laptop charger...
I think its charging days are over. I'm contemplating getting it fixed... but it's kinda phased out, so i wonder if they'll do anything.
I wish i had that extra charger. Too bad i left it at the club.
Maybe i should just go to Apple.

It has electric tape wrapped around the base of the wire. A sticker to hold a broken piece together. And a hair tie to keep the wire in a specific position, in a specific place. Poor thing.

Curious me, i unwrapped the electric tape to see what was going on... Lo and behold- the rubber tubing straight melted off (it's brown- like someone held a flame to it), to reveal the actual wires for everyone to see. *sigh*

I don't know why i felt like i had the need to blog about this... but the smoke really gave me a start.

Do they still sell plugs for a 12" Powerbook G4? No, right?
Ugh.





And i just found out:
-It's irrepairable.
-The hotline number for Apple that was given to me doesn't work.

What to do...

No comments: