Monday, June 29, 2009

and i see the CHanges

We're past the middle mark of 2009. The years just go by faster the older you get... but the days sure do linger sometimes.

Time is such a crazy thing. We all know it's constant and it never changes its pace, but there are times where the day either went by too fast or it just took forever to be over.
Life changes right before your very eyes and you don't even realize it until it's done.

  • I can't believe i have a 5 year old son. I feel like he was a baby just a few months ago.
  • I can't believe i haven't seen Ian in 15 months.
  • It's unbelievable to see the kids of my closest girlfriends all grown up... i never even got to meet them (with a few exceptions) as babies.
  • I've been living in Manila for 10 years. Wow. I did a lot of growing up here. I can barely feel the years though.
  • I've been a DJ for 8 years... and i'm about to give it up. I'm so nervous.
  • My Dad has white hair. It was still black when we moved here.
  • My "little" brother is well over 5 inches taller than me. When the hell did that happen?
  • My sister doesn't even live in Manila anymore.
  • I'm turning 26 years old in a few days. Holy hell...
  • Michael Jackson just passed away.
  • The President of the United States is Black.
  • My son watches his cartoons off Youtube on the internet.
  • I own more than 1 dress. I never thought that would ever happen.
  • I'm friends with some people i thought i would never be close to... and i've had a falling out with someone i thought i would know forever. Life plays such silly games.
  • Right next door, where a condemned building stood for the last 10 years has now turned into an empty lot.
  • The top bunk where i used to sleep before Dylan was born has slowly transformed into a make-shift closet where majority of my clothes sit. Strange... but convenient.
  • A room that my sister and i shared for as long as i can remember has turned into my closet/work space.
  • I HAVE to work out and maintain a proper diet to fit into my clothes... i never thought THAT would happen.
  • I've branched out into different genres of music. I'm no longer the ignorant teenager that always claimed to listen to only "hiphop" (if i even really knew what that was back in the day).
  • My hair has 6 different visible colors. To think that i once told myself that i would never dye my hair.
  • My friends are having kids and getting married. Whoa.
  • I haven't played a sport in 9 years. =(
  • I've spoken of marriage and children more in the past year than i ever have my whole life. Seriously speaking too.
  • I'm in a long distance relationship... and i vowed i would never commit to one... ever. Look at what Love does.
Well, only bigger changes are coming.
I'm gonna wake up one day and Dylan's gonna ask me if i can buy him a car for his birthday. Oh no...

No comments: