Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Addict

Hi. My name is Thea... and i'm an addict.

I drink way too much coffee.... i forget to drink water. The climate up here doesn't help either because this drink serves as comfort in a cup.

I read too many blogs. Next thing i know, 4 hours has passed and i'm still sitting in front of my computer and my day has gone to waste. Not that i would call it a waste per se, because of the knowledge i've gained and the entertainment it's served. It's better than watching TV, i tell you. Well, for me, anyway.

I take too many pictures. I am running out of space on my computer and i need to invest in a bigger hard drive. It's because of my attempt to document everything in my life and the determination to capture a "money shot".

I steal too many photos off the internet. Again, i'm running out of space for this "hobby" of mine. If i can't capture it myself, i appreciate seeing the work of someone else who can. I will make a wall out of these pictures one day. Mark my words.

I give in to consumer hell too easy. I buy anything i come across that i like (within my price range, of course). Even though i have enough, i can't help myself when i come across something too pretty to be left on a shelf. This needs to stop.

I have too many different colors on my head. This whole fascination with coloring my hair will lead to my mane's demise. I have vowed to control this and come time when my roots are disgustingly overgrown, i will tone it down to one color and stick with it.

I have a tendency to try on clothes and if i don't like it, i'll leave em unfolded somewhere until it creates somewhat of a hill in a corner in my closet. No bueno. Must enforce discipline. I am going to try my very best to say goodbye to "organized clutter". (My dad's pet peeve- he says it's only an excuse of mine to stay messy. haha)

***
These quirks are what makes me ME. But when it gets to the point of being severely unhealthy, an intervention needs to be made and i need to put myself on a restriction. Each day that passes up here is a step to reinvention. This whole move is about change and if i'm going for a certain direction in my life, it might as well be the "right" one.

I encourage positive change. Let go of a bad habit today.
(not to say that i'm giving up coffee. I think i'll start with something small... like not buying anything i want and just stick to more of what i need. That should be good enough.)

That is all.

No comments: