Monday, August 10, 2009

He Might Cry...

First Day of School.

I was preparing myself for the first day of school scenario. What if he doesn't want to be there? What if he panics and doesn't want me to leave? Everybody has to go through this... the right thing to do is to leave him in the careful watch of his teacher and trust that he'll get through the day okay.

His situation is different. He has never been anywhere without any of us that has lived with him his whole life. He's used to being with someone that he sees on the daily basis. I don't leave him with a yaya. I've never left him at a friend's house for a playdate. It might be a tad overprotective, but that wasn't our intention. It's just how it played out. He just always had one of us there. It's the plus side to having 3 "parents" and my siblings as his own.

I want school to be something fun. I don't want it to be traumatizing or miserable.
Is abandoning him there synonymous to deception? Is bailing him out considered bad parenting? How will i get him to calm down? What should i say to make it ok? How can i make him go in? Addressing his issue is a sign of weakness. Kids can sense that and use it to their advantage. It's a proven theory.
Will I be okay? This is my first time too. How will all the parents look at this? What am i gonna do??
It's natural for him to be attached at this age. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's almost cute that he always wants to be with family. It shows a healthy family relationship.
Right?
It would worry me if he always just wandered off by himself without a care in the world with no emotional attachments to anybody. Doesn't that sound more of a problem?

Really, I was just hoping for a really smooth morning.
I almost prayed. Yes, that's a huge thing.
My baby is all grown up...

Morning coffee...

It wouldn't be Dylan without his signature "smile"...

Well... He didn't cry.

My little man was a happy camper, and i couldn't be more proud.
Demons in my head... what unnecessary, self-inflicted stress. *tsk tsk*
I shouldn't flatter myself too much.

Day 1.
17 years to go.
(LOL. Let's not get ahead of ourselves there)

Happy Monday folks. =)

No comments: