Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Like all good things, it must come to an end.

As i set up for my very last week night gig, i felt a surge of sadness pass through me. It was the last time i would ever have to do this. I wouldn't have to hook up another cable onto a mixer. I wouldn't have to think about what i would need to play or how i would go about my set. It was the last time i was to unpack my gear. I took my headphones out of its designated pocket. I set up my stand. I plugged in my charger. I mounted my laptop. I hooked up all the cables. I loaded in the Serato CDs. How i wish i had done this with records instead.

3 hours never passed so quickly. I savored every roar and piercing scream. I laughed at the requests but kindly obliged. The energy was incredible. It was a proper last hurrah. I couldn't have been more grateful.

This was the job that had kept me going for the last few years. This was the job that took me places and showered me with opportunities. This was the job that didn't feel like it was work most of the time. This was the job that defined my life- it was FUN. I loved it. This was what i grew up with.

For everything that this experience has presented to me... Thank you.
We will meet again soon.


For now, blasting music in my room will have to do.

No comments: