Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What are Good Days made of?

Waking up at 6am to Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds".
Lying in bed for 30 minutes. I fight the cold and will myself out of bed.

Waking up a happy and hopeful 5 year old and help him get ready for school.

A good cup of coffee while checking my messages while Dylan has his morning cereal for breakfast.

Dropping off an excited little boy to school. We part ways with a heartfelt hug, a little kiss, and a firm handshake.

A good, brisk, morning walk. Sun in face, chilly breeze, hands in my sweater pocket, and clean air filling my lungs.

A filling breakfast of tapsilog and more coffee.

A good conversation with Ian on Skype. We exchange stories, swap pictures, tell jokes, update on anything under the sun, laugh, reminisce, etc. *sigh* Long distance still sucks, but we surely make the most of it.

Browsing through my favorite blogs/sites, replying to/composing emails, checking up on friends online, looking through miscellaneous photos- lazing away and chilling to Tommy Guerrero in the background.

Perhaps sneak in a bit of Yoga.

Walking through my old school on my way to pick up a bright, and cheerful Kindergartener.

Being greeted with a smile, a boisterous "Hi Mommy!!!", and a report that my little man was on 5-star behavior all day.

Lunch at one of my favorite local places, ordering my favorite one-of-a-kind combo, and savoring my meal. How i love food.

Back home, laze on the couch and wonder what to do the rest of the day- our itinerary is planned out.

Walking over to Wright Park. Dylan picks his usual ride- Sidewide. And off he goes for his one hour trip on horseback.

Taking my solo walk back home- ipod at work, stopping every now and then to snap a photo, and all the while thinking, listening, reflecting, dreaming, and visualizing.

Dylan is dropped off at home. He waves goodbye to his noble steed, watches with delight until he disappears from view and we head on inside.

Another afternoon walk, a banana split, a sundae cone, some window shopping, and a lot of singing. Dylan enjoys our walks.

A DVD for the little one, sidetracked with some trains, a paper plane, a plastic straw, some tracks, a few cars, and dozens of "Mommy, watch ME-ah!!!". I read a book. Oh, and i watch him.

Dinner. I keep it small. I have soup. Dylan has his usual- i'm surprised he's not sick of it... fried chicken, rice, and a dallop of ketchup.

I log back on the internet. Dylan reads a book, plays with his toys, interrupts me. I give in. He simultaneously watches a DVD while plays with toys. He also munches on cereal. I watch him. I do a crossword puzzle. I read a bit of this book. I tidy up the place.

Clean up time. We sing, we shower, we blow dry, we brush, we play, and off he goes to bed.

Lights out.
I tuck him in. He chats. I listen. I chat back. We laugh. We exchange:
Good night
Sleep Well
Sweet Dreams
See you tomorrow
I love you
(repeat 3x)
It's become a bedtime ritual.

5 minutes later, he's out cold.

I go back online. There's simultaneous photo commenting/YMing/FBing with the fam.
We bid each other good night.

I watch an episode of Friends. Another episode. And another.

I daydream about the future. I think about our day. I look at my life... and i say;
"This is what good days are made of..."

No comments: