Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Arbitrary Mind Picks #39


1. I'm blessed with way more than i could possibly hope for right now. It's overwhelming and i'm grateful. Plenty of people would love to be in my shoes these days. I am the epitome of chill- and i absolutely LOVE it.

2. I know i'm getting old due to my pathetic attempt at running (or walking really fast). It's not cool to have to catch your breath every 2 minutes (and these are non-smoking lungs!). My 5 year old can run 5x farther than me without a single pause and with less time to rest. I need to up my game.

3. It's time to get contact lenses.

4. I never thought, in my wildest imagination, that i would ever be the parenting type. I was clueless about being a mother (which is how every mother starts out, i guess). I didn't even think i was very fond of children, to be honest with you. And then Dylan came into my life and the universe decided to impart wisdom upon me.
I'm proud of how far i've come. I love being Dylan's mom and i think it's safe to say that Dylan thinks i'm pretty kickass.
I got lucky- my kid's pretty darn good.

5. I have my priorities straight... which isn't something i can say for a lot of people, and to tell you the the truth, it took me a while to get here. But i made it... and it feels really good. =)

No comments: