Monday, February 8, 2010

How Interesting

I had an interesting weekend.

I hosted a wedding- which is something i have never done before but was certainly up for the task. I haven't done any real work in about 5 months and i definitely miss the feeling of being self-sufficient. Surprisingly, i did quite alright. Even if i do say so myself- i did a lot better than i expected i would. I was approached by several people to congratulate me on a job well done and i left the party feeling useful, successful, and quite pleased with myself.

I hung out at a bar and listened to an excellent karaoke performance. I think they were pulling our leg because they were probably professionals who decided to hang out that night. It was the best rendition of "Bakit Ngayon" i have ever heard in my whole life- in karaoke, at that! In fact, the duo did so well that other customers started throwing requests their way in which they happily obliged.

I drank beer. Yes, believe it or not- that is interesting.

I made the best steak of my life. Accompanied with grilled veggies and bacon mashed potatoes. I was in heaven. That stove-top grill is worth every single peso i spent on it.

The photo is not so great because... um... well, as you can see- i had already started eating. Decided to just take a quick snapshot and continued on with stuffing myself silly.

I endured karaoke on a Sunday night. The terrible kind. ON A SUNDAY.
So i've been told that it just might be another lesson i need to learn. In my defense, i have tolerated this kind (and much worse) of a hubub in the past.
-ghastly karaoke in the wee hours of the night.
-roaring jeepneys (constantly) during a critical part of a movie i'm watching on DVD.
-blazing heat during the hottest days of summer.
-shin deep flooding outside my doorstep on the craziest downpours of rainy season.
-wrecking balls and drills outside my window on the worst hangover days i've ever experienced.
-6 flights of stairs/3 stories climb on drunken nights
-a shower with no heater
-a refrigerator that barely refrigerates
-an electric fan that barely fans
That was 10 years of my life. In a nutshell.
So yes- i have learned that lesson, and i learned it well.
My guess is that this is the lesson where it teaches me to start asserting my rights... *sigh*

I made bombass chili and i actually ate the beans! Thanks to my new pressure cooker... it was worth every peso i spent on it (as well).

And that's that.

No comments: