Friday, April 16, 2010

The Big 0-6.

He's going past his half-a-decade mark.
This makes him an official kid.
He'll be in 1st grade next school year.
It will take him two hands to show his age.
This was my birthday year where, out of my entire class and then some more invited, only one person attended my birthday party.
Well, it's my favorite number.

He's asked for balloons. Balloons of every color. He wants a chocolate cake. He wants his friends to attend. He knows this will be the next time he can step foot into his beloved "*Thomas Store".
(Thomas Store- this little shop we found down town that sells an array of Thomas and Friends merchandise- to Dylan, it's somewhere along the lines of stepping into Zara for me).

Oh, to be a child again. So much to look forward to. The best part? Your parents take care of everything. No worries about how much what costs. Dealing with the preparations. Hoping everything runs smoothly. To him, it's just his party- he's gonna have fun no matter what.

This is the first year he's made a big deal about his birthday. The first time he's given any suggestions about what he wants. This is also the year where he'll have more than 3 kids present at his party.

My baby's all grown up.
2 more weeks to go.
[He'll be turning 18 next year- won't wanna hold my hand, won't let me walk him to class, won't kiss me in public, won't want me talking to his friends... *tear*]

No comments: