Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shut Up & Hold On

I dashed out of my front door and briskly walked the distance from the condo to the corner where i usually wait for a cab. I always give myself approximately 15 minutes waiting time to flag down a taxi. To my surprise, an empty cab had just pulled up in front of me and i hopped in. I give him our point of destination and with that, we were off.

He was a young driver, his seat leaned back and his hands casually maneuvering the shift. He was driving at some ridiculous speed, overtaking pretty much whatever vehicle we caught up to. He was constantly swerving, and breaking, and accelerating, and swerving some more. I was sitting in the back holding on for dear life lest i prefer being thrown all over the back seat like a rag doll.

We reached an intersection and he jolted to a stop. I look up at the dash board and while i'm thinking, "What's with this guy's driving???" a sign made itself known to me as if screaming, almost. And i thought to myself, "Oh. How convenient."

No comments: