Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tadah!!!

...aaaaaaaand i'm back.

In the past 3 weeks...
  • i have managed to meet up with 2 of my best girlfriends- both of whom i haven't seen in over 2 years.
  • I accompanied my girl to a bridal dress fitting, attended a wedding dinner, and watched all my married friends compare wedding bands and engagement rings. Lovely. Yes, a tinge of jealousy, but no, not really.
  • i have eaten at over 5 restaurants i have been craving for for over 7 months now.
  • we celebrated Dylan's 6th birthday and it was absolutely wonderful! I couldn't have been happier with the turnout.
  • i have been on a bus 4 times, stepping foot in Manila 2 weekends out of the 3.
  • i have been familiarizing myself with "new" music.
  • i have only gotten smashed beyond comprehension ONCE. (yes, that's an accomplishment)
  • i've learned different recipes that i shall soon be experimenting with in the kitchen.
  • i've had heart to heart talks with a handful of people... and i'm convinced that life is only what you make it, happiness is found within, and the definition of success varies for everyone.
  • i've broken another pair of slippers.
  • i still didn't watch anything in the theater.
  • i have finally set foot in a gym! I am in pain... and it hurts so good.
  • i have been addicted to Mario Brothers on the Wii. My thumbs hurt- it's a good indication that i must stop.
  • i went go-carting!!! and it was effin awesome.
  • i soldiered out staying up til the wee hours of the morning and waking up past noon, then snapping back into 8pm bedtime and 6am mornings.
  • Dylan is the proud owner of 2 turtles and a fish... translated- i have to clean up after 2 turtles and a fish. I have concluded that i am no pet lover. I will go as far as dogs... and even for those i'm willing to admit that i am far from ready. A 6 year old keeps me busy as it is.
I am still a bit delirious from the 3 weeks of chaos. I'm gonna be staying home for a while before i do anything crazy again. Looking forward to seeing my dad, Dylan finishing school, getting into the swing of fitness, and maybe traveling a bit this vacation... my itch to explore isn't going away.

Regular programming will resume shortly.
Did you miss me?

No comments: