“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it’s yours.”
1. What seems like the right thing to do could also be the hardest thing you will ever have to do in your life.
2. Sure, money isn't everything and it can't make people happy- but it helps.
3. If you know what the problem is then fix it. -easier said than done.
4. You know how much you love someone based on how bad they can hurt you.
5. Hedonism is bad for you. Then again, so is smoking... but people do it anyway.
6. "When you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself." There are too many things about that phrase i wanna pick at but i can't allow myself to get into it right now. But i will say this- this is why i depend on nobody but myself. Yes, perhaps i have issues.
7. I am introducing homemade pasta to a circle of friends at a dinner party this evening. I hope they're ready to have their minds blown.
8. I may complain about a lot of things when it comes to raising Dylan on my own... but everyday this kid shows me just how darn lucky i am that he was made for me.
I am the closet full of secrets i choose to keep. I am the things i do when i think nobody is watching. I am the things i think about but never dare say out loud. I am the music i listen to or that one song that's constantly on repeat. I am my favorite sweater and that scarf i bought the other day. I am my favorite color and my most treasured pair of shoes. I am the friends i've kept in the loop as well the ones i've decided to let go. I am the people i admire and the ones i dislike. I am that one person who i choose to love. I am part of the soul i see in my son's eyes. I am that mug of coffee i have first thing in the morning each and every day. I am what i put in my grocery cart. I am the scent i choose to use. I am what i do every day. I am what i dream about doing everyday. I am who i am even when i'm drunk.
I am the best version of myself that i could possibly be... and i know this because i'm striving to be happy.
Lignin, the stuff that prevents all trees from adopting the weeping habit, is a polymer made up of units that are closely related to vanillin. When made into paper and stored for years, it breaks down and smells good. Which is how divine providence has arranged for secondhand bookstores to smell like good quality vanilla absolute, subliminally stoking a hunger for knowledge in all of us.