Thursday, June 23, 2016

Arbitrary Mind Picks #105

1. Day 25 on my road to health and fitness- and my God, does this shit hurt. It was definitely easier in my 20's, i can tell you that.
However, my clothes are starting to fit better, the huffing and puffing is down to a minimum, i am no longer tired, and my body is thanking me. The difference a few changes can make is just shocking.

2. I could still totally go for an entire plate of Carne Asada Nachos right about now.

3. A life without alcohol is something i didn't foresee so near into my future... but i'm more than happy it worked out that way. Cigarettes- i'm coming for you next.

4. This country, the system, and the way of the power hungry make me feel like i've been wrong about humanity my entire life. I've been told that i am blind and naive to always think the best of people... that this is a characteristic that makes me weak and susceptible to danger. I wish so much that that wasn't true... but damn, does this place make that really hard to believe.

5. My 12 year old son is gonna make some lucky girl very very happy some day. I don't know what i'm doing most of the time, but i must be doing something right.
This kid is too good.

6. The world looks different when you know, beyond any doubt, that you've found someone that absolutely completes you.  For the first time in my life, i find comfort in discovering that i was, in fact, absolutely wrong- i was never meant to walk through life on my own. It just took a really really really, really really, really long time.

7. I've learned to finally listen to the little voices that whisper in my head. Finally.
That guy you think is an asshole? He's most probably an asshole.
Trust your gut. #DFTF
I dodged a pretty fierce bullet. Figuratively speaking. A really rusty and poisonous one.

8. My life in a nutshell.
Trust your struggle.

No comments: