Sunday, July 3, 2016

A reason to celebrate




Our home for 5 days was not too shabby, as i lazed the hours away in sunshine, sand, salt water, and the occasional monsoon downpour + habagat winds. It was my first time in Bohol (and our 5th installment in conquering places that start with the letter "B"- Bacolod, Bali, Baguio, Boracay), and although i was not able to gawk in awe at the wonder that was the Chocolate Hills, I couldn't have asked for a better way to greet my 33rd year of life.

 

The best part of my birthday, however, hovered 480 feet above a ravine, connecting 2 mountains together, in what felt like one of the most exhilarating and magical 60 seconds of my life. I'm, of course, talking about the SUISLIDE. A zipline, known as the highest in the country, that i practically bullied my boyfriend into going on with me. It was awesome. And i love him.

33 Years is a long time to be alive... even crazier to think just how many more years we have left to go. I have never been more excited about the future and so grateful for everything i have in my life. I am a very, very lucky girl.

No comments: