Monday, May 18, 2009

Stand by Me

-the title of my favorite movie when i was a kid. It came out in 1986.
-also the title of one of my most favorite songs. Originally by Ben E. King, came out in 1960, with numerous renditions and various cover versions to follow- another one of my particular favorite would be John Lennon's version.
-another song (completely different version) performed by Oasis, written by lead guitarist Noel Gallagher released in 1997. I love that one too.
-something i would hope my friends/loved ones would do in my time of need.
-something the general public does when standing in line.
-a saying. In other words would mean "Have my back" or "You got me".
example: "I think they're gonna kick my ass. You got me, right?", "Sure dude. I got your back".
-what i wouldn't want a psychotic lunatic to do if one were in my vicinity.

This is because i needed something to lift my spirit and listening to this can do just that. Another good example of undiscovered yet incredible talent. Great artists who might never get their shot but are absolutely brilliant in their own right.

I ran into this on someone's blog. I'll not say who as to avoid looking like a stalker *ahemJasonMrazahem*

I absolutely LOVE it.
Ultimately FRESH.



From the award-winning documentary, "Playing For Change: Peace Through Music", comes the first of many "songs around the world" being released independently.

No comments: