Friday, May 22, 2009

Trooper

Yes. I was.

The weekend is here yet again. Wow. That was fast.
The whole week seemed like it was kind of a blur... well, mostly because that's all it was, seriously.

Alcohol consumption began on Friday last week. It is now Friday again... and not one day has passed this week that i didn't have a hangover. I don't know why i subject myself to this torture over and over again. But it's something that just happens.

My liver hates me. I've said this before. Today, i feel like my entire body hates me for everything that i have put it through this week. My limbs are sore and my muscles are in pain- probably from all the dancing, the jumping, the laughing, the running, and falling down a flight of stairs. My throat is feeling a bit coarse and my immune system is shot- i now have a cold and i hate it. I am lacking severe amounts of sleep and i can't think straight.

This is my cue.

I am a trooper no more.
I'm also not 18 years old anymore. I have been doing this for a decade. Retirement should be considered to be in my very near future... no matter how much fun this can be- there's a fine line between fun and stupid.

I don't recommend this to anybody. Waking up feeling like an 18 wheeler truck just ran you over and left you for dead near a construction sight with all the drilling and the pounding and the shaking is not a good feeling.
Eating ridiculous amounts of food while highly intoxicated right before sleeping is not a good idea either, but it seems to be a very common and popular after-party ritual- anywhere in the world.

This is what happens when your friends find out that they're only on vacation for 2 weeks or you discover you have to entertain guests from another country. Playing host has never been my strong point. But welcome to the PI night life.
When school starts for them again and the guests leave the country- real talk, i'm going on full hibernation.

I would also like to extend my thanks and gratitude to the babysitters i have at home. Without them, none of this would even be possible. Thank you Mom & Dad, and Gio & Aix.
Dylan keeps telling me i should just stay home. He's very smart. =P

If you see me this weekend, don't come up to me just to say i look tired- i already know.

*


**


*head-bangin-music-lovin-vodka-drinkin-crazy-dancin-drunk
**literally, a blur.

No comments: