Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Morning Sunrise Beams

I couldn't sleep last night.
I was tossing and turning on our new bed, in our new room, in our new home. The hours ticked on by until complete exhaustion lulled me to sleep.

I opened my eyes to a room filled with sunlight and a slight chill in the air. I fought the need to get up and appreciated the warmth underneath the blankets. Dylan was still out cold.

It's a brand new day.
This is the beginning of our new life.
The feeling is bit alien to me, and if anything, a little surreal. Did i really just pack up my entire life in 3 boxes, a suitcase, and a gym bag? I just quit my job and uprooted Dylan and myself from our life in the city. I never knew i had it in me. Me. Someone so comfortable with the steady rhythm of familiarity. I always greeted the coming of change with so much rebellion. I realize now that my homecoming is absolutely nothing like what it felt like when i left it 10 years ago. It comes with a certain kind of maturity, i guess. I am more aware of the good things this change will bring... as opposed to the teenager that i was, convinced the change was synonymous to my life being over.

This time around things are different. This time around i'm ready.
This time around- i'm the parent. LOL
Here goes nothing.
Good Morning World!!!

No comments: