Friday, January 29, 2010

Yes, i can.

I'm not one to write about food. I'm more for eating it as opposed to describing it.
But today marks a momentous occasion. I have hit a pivotal point in my domesticated life. I set out a goal, and with a little time and a bit of innovation, i hit my target.

I've mentioned a few times before that a downside in living away from the big city is missing my food. When a craving strikes me, i can't just get dressed and head out the door to satisfy it. All i can do is grumble with disappointment and weigh out the pros and cons.

But that problem is now over. For the longest time, i have been craving for a specific pasta dish from a certain favorite restaurant of mine. Instead of wallowing in misery, i decided to give it a go and make it. What's the use of living in one of the best places to get everything fresh and having your own kitchen if you don't use it to your full advantage? So i pondered over what kind of ingredients might be used, went out and bought them, and began my little mission. (Make no mistake, i was prepared for complete failure and already had a back-up dish ready for dinner)

Penne il' Selvaggio

Et voila! My very own version of Cibo's Penne il' Selvaggio. I added way more bacon, of course. Went crazy with the sauce and added mushrooms just because. I like mushrooms, ok?
I was ecstatic! I leaped with joy and basked in my glorious triumph!
We sat down for dinner and i ate wholeheartedly, like i have never eaten before. My brother gives me the thumbs up. Dylan likes the bacon.

It had dawned on me that i can make whatever i want! And this was only the beginning. A very encouraging experience and an awesome ego boost.

Oh, even words can't describe how happy this made me...

No comments: