Tuesday, February 21, 2012
That is my tent of choice.
Although, i can imagine that those pop-up ones would probably be a lot easier to handle.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Ever wonder what it's like to be in a long distance relationship?
The lovely hosts, Erica and Margaux talk to their guests Dane, Patti and myself about the ever so infamous LDR; its pros and cons and if it’s really worth it.
Join hosts Erica Paredes and Margaux Cortez at The Powder Room live every Wednesday nights (7-8pm) via the Battle Axe Podcast Network, and available for download on iTunes.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
- coffee first thing in the morning (or afternoon. Depends what happened the night before)
- how my sister and i send weird text messages to each other and we both find it equally amusing. (Well, sometimes, i more than she)
- how my parents can act like i'm still their little girl even though i'm a parent myself, and i'm nearly 30... and at the same time treat me like the adult that i am.
- reaching the bathroom when i've been holding my pee for over 30 minutes... and there's no line!
- the way my son looks at the world. It inspires me.
- that first bite after weeks of trying to satisfy a craving and finally it's in front of you!
- reading something that truly moves me.
- watching someone i love having fun.
- genuine, good hearts. The ones that truly give a damn.
- finding something in the store but they don't have my size and when they check the back they have one last piece... in my size.
- giving my son the last piece of salmon sashimi... even though i wanted it.
- allowing my son to sit next to the window... even though i wanted to sit there because i always sit next to the window.
- trudging down my stairs at 4am because my son is thirsty... even though i wanted to ignore him and just keep sleeping.
- oh, what the hell- motherhood.
- when they're constantly on your mind... what do you think that is?
- Sundays. Yes, for me, it's Sundays.
- sundaes. (See what i did there?)
- free cupcakes!!!
- the ability to make you smile... even after all these years.
- head on pillow after a long, exhausting day/night.
- mixtapes. Oh yes, you have no idea.
and that wasn't even all of it.
now, you try.
Sunday, February 12, 2012
For the mawkish.
The heartbroken, the lost, and the healing.
Because we all know what it feels like to have our hearts trampled on... at one point in our life or another.
Because music speaks volumes and serves as the perfect companion on days you wanna live under a rock and hide beneath the covers.
So shut the world out and let the music in.
It was Whitney Houston's 2nd album.
I must have listened to that thing over a thousand times.
Friday, February 10, 2012
the hearts undone. sick with the desire to love. to live so far
beyond the boundaries given to us. we are the fence-hopping
fools who never stopped to read the signs. the ones that left
the world behind. like dreams we've drawn in neon light. just
moments in the sea of time. we are the lost ones wandering.
the soon to be smoldering. last to be found. the first to fall and
fail to fly then shatter on the ground. we are the rebels running
wild through a darkness that can swallow us. but we've set fire
to our souls. burning brilliant blinding gold. the flames that illuminate
our lonely road. our futures holding fates untold. we are the
ever-refusing to fold. to fade away or worse to lose. the few that
bend and break apart the cages of our rules. born desperate for the
promise of the mystery unknown. we are the lovesick. and just like
the sun we will always rise. hope still shining in our eyes...
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
1. When creativity hits at the most inconvenient time.
3am and your wake up call is at 7am.
2. When i go out of my way to buy something at the store only to get home and find out that i had prepared for that situation and had extra all along.
3. When you head out to accomplish a certain goal... get sidetracked somewhere along the way... and get home only to realize that you forgot to do that thing you set out to do.
4. Trying to recall the lyrics, artist, or song title of that annoying song stuck in your head.
5. Hit with the epiphany that you have the perfect accessory to go with that outfit... and 5 hours later realize that you have no idea where that accessory is.
6. Ultimate craving. Looking in the refrigerator or pantry and discover that you're lacking ONE ingredient. Just one.
No, it will not be the same without it. It's a definite no go. It's also 2:37am.
7. Five cabs honking when you don't need one, and not one in sight when you're already 5 minutes late.
8. Your 7 year old asks you a random question and you have absolutely no idea what the answer is.
9. The panic when i near my destination and upon looking in my wallet, i see that i don't have small change for the cab.
10. Waking up feeling like 100 bucks and running into an old friend who says, "Hey, you look tired... You ok?"
Honestly, that phrase should be banned.
11. Emptying your trash and seeing "Emptying Trash: 249 items" when your conscious mind remembers only deleting 6 images... and then it hits you that you dragged an entire folder in there with it.