Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Back to Basics

Dylan and i cleaned the entire apartment today. I even managed to talk him into giving away some of his stuff... to be loved by another who will appreciate his good will. He's quite proud of himself and extremely happy knowing he can put a smile on a stranger's face.

He's on summer vacation. This means that, when i'm not galavanting about, we spend an awful lot of time together. I mean, like, A LOT. To put it simply- 24 hours a day.
Yes, we are together all the time.

It means proper meals at the right time. Bed time before i'm even tired. Awake when my body wills more sleep. Secret cuddles when he's knocked out because he won't allow it when he's awake. The basics.

It sounds lame. But when i stop to think about it... basic will always be dope.
And after days and weeks straight, in and out of chaos- i welcome the simplicity of life as a duo accompanied by my 8 year old firecracker.

PS: There's a stench coming from my bathroom and i don't know how to get rid of it. I don't even know what it is...

No comments: