Friday, March 5, 2010

Arbitrary Mind Picks #46

1. The problem with condo-living is when i can smell what my neigbors are cooking... and i want some of whatever they're having but i don't know what it is. I'm not crazy enough to knock on their doors though... lol

2. "Mom... my other fish is dead."
Sure enough, one of them is floating lifeless in the tiny bowl. They were fine when i checked 2 hours prior. Here i was worrying about how Dylan will find out i had replaced them if they ever died... it never occurred to me that he might be the one to discover them dead.

3. I must remind myself that he's 5.
So when he says, "She wanted to look at my balls..."
He really means... well, she wants to look at balls. haha

Scenario:
Dylan: She wanted to see my balls. She lifted my shirt so she could see my balls.
Me: Excuse me?
Dylan: I showed her my balls. Under my shirt.
Me: You showed it to her??? What??
Dylan: Yeah. She liked it.
Me: You showed her your balls? Like in your shorts?
Dylan: No. My shirt.
Me: What?
Dylan: My balls. Under my red shirt. She likes them a lot.
(At this point i'm thinking "shirt". Ok, shirt.)
Dylan: She was trying to look under my shirt. She tried to take it off.
(It hits me. It freakin' hits me.
He ran out of plain, white undershirts. I had him wear a tshirt with a picture of squid balls on it. He was talking about the squid balls)
Me: Oh, what color were the balls?
Dylan: WHITE!!!
Me: She liked em?
Dylan: YEAH!!!
(i laugh at myself. I laugh at my retarded, ridiculous self.)

4. I always knew i was good at multitasking.

5. Blackouts are great for kids.
It's also a great reminder that being outdoors when the weather is perfect is just what you're supposed to do when the weather is perfect.

6. A butterfly landed on Dylan's doughnut the other day. It chilled there for a bit until Dylan shooed him away. I regret not bringing the camera.

No comments: