Thursday, December 31, 2009

In a Word- Progress.


I started the year off with this unwavering faith in life. I knew it, in my bones, that this year was gonna be great. I had a feeling that things were about to change, that life was about to get so much better, and that the answers i had been looking for for so long would finally reveal itself.
And i was right.

I did a lot of growing up. I faced a lot of fears. I got over issues. Did some things i never thought i'd ever experience. I got to know myself better. I started making more serious decisions.

I was at a Christmas party a few weeks ago and was asked to give one word to sum up my year. I thought about it long and hard. Something that put everything together and what the year in its entirety represented. Looking back at everything, i figured it out. This year was about moving forward. It was about learning mistakes and not repeating them. It was about realizing where i was going and taking charge of the reins. It was about knowing what i wanted and going for it. It was about taking responsibility for everything that was mine. It was about learning who i really was and knowing that i was good with that. It was about making decisions and having confidence that i made good ones. It was about letting go and forgiveness. It was change.
In a word- progress.

I could tell that it was the start of something huge. I know it is.
It's funny how people think that the beginning of a new year is the opportunity to make changes and start over. The reality is that it is only continuity. You have the power to change anything at anytime throughout the year.

However, the break between each year is refreshing. The time to reflect is empowering. Starting off with a clean slate is always a good way to look at anything and the thought of "leaving behind" unwanted baggage is a relief.

So here's to the good life- whatever that may be to you.
Happy New Year!

No comments: