Monday, December 28, 2009

So, like...

We attended a birthday kiddie party at the Baguio Country Club today. Sounds so bougie, dunnit?
[Bougie:
Adjective meaning extravagent, often to the point of snobbery. Usually used in relation to the conspicuous consumption of the urban upper-middle class. Dervived from "bourgeoisie".
Example:
"What kind of chips are those?"
"Organic Parmesan Oregeno with Olive Oil, they're 4 dollars a bag."

"Man those are bougie chips..."
]

On our way there we saw a girl (obviously, not from here) riding a horse... while listening to her ipod.
(freakin' weirdo)

A few blocks down, we caught a glimpse of a lady beating the shit out of her kid, who was going out of control on the side of the street.
No, that was a lie. I'm totally kidding. haha

We get to the club and find our way to the party. (That sounds like my old life but it totally means something else today...)
It's a costume party with nobody decked out in costume except for the celebrant. *sigh* You know what that means? Lazy parents. Yes, myself included. (Which also made me feel relieved that i didn't go crazy out of my way to make Dylan another costume)

I see an 8 year old girl with an SLR camera. She's looking through the viewfinder. She wants to take pictures. She snaps a photo and the flash pops up. She's shocked and slams the flash shut. "Stupid! Stupid! I don't want flash!!", she scolds.
Wow. Zen out. Maybe you should start with something more age-appropriate. Unless you're a genius, then that's my mistake, i guess.

Dylan doesn't participate in any of the games. The food was good. The loot bag was awesome! They were playing uncensored hiphop music. Erm... yeah.
People arrived late and left early. Erm... yeah. Again.

We're outside waiting for a cab. Dylan tells me he feels like walking home. I figure it'll do me some good and help with what i ate at the party. It should take no more than 15 minutes. 3 minutes into the walk, i regret the decision but i'm committed to finishing what we started. 7 minutes into it i hate the fact that we're walking- i'm carrying a balloon, some toys, my sweater, a heavy loot bag and my shoulder bag. 10 minutes into it, i'm miserable. 2 minutes from the house Dylan says he's tired and wants to take a taxi. How convenient.

Yeah, it was an interesting afternoon.

No comments: