Thursday, June 25, 2009

Which Way is HOme?

*Let the countdown begin...

For the next few weeks until everything is ready and finalized, this is where majority of my focus will be- my homecoming.
As i've mentioned before, there are mixed feelings. As i've ALSO mentioned before- my mind has already been made up. The only thing that i have to deal with is putting my emotions aside.

In 1999, my Dad decided he was gonna up and move the whole family from the mountains all the way down to the big city. My life as i knew it, slapped me in the face, and ceased to exist. I left all my friends, left a school that i absolutely loved, and a place that i've forever known as my home. It was for our growth. He had his children in mind.
We moved here on June 5, 1999.
Ten years later, i've decided to leave all my friends, leave a job that i absolutely love, and a place that i've come to know as my home. I've made this decision with Dylan in mind.
Who knew?

Thinking about all of this and telling myself, "I'm going back home." gives me butterflies in my stomach. It's like getting ready for that first date and wondering if everything will go smoothly, if all your expectations will be met, and feeling the nerves that attack you with fear that you're making a terrible mistake. So you take one good look at yourself in the mirror, you smoothen out your hair, and tell yourself, "What could possibly go wrong? K, Let's do this."
I don't know if that's what other people say when they're ready to go out on that first date, and i haven't gone on one in years so i'm not even sure if i, myself, say that... but it sounds about right.

Baguio was a good home for me to grow up in.
Manila served as a great home for me to learn in.

But it's time for the next phase.
Yes, i'm leaving the crazy Night Life for the simplicity of Domesticity. Will elaborate on this issue soon...
Perhaps it's Baguio's turn to teach me another thing or two.

I have 5 weekends left in the city...
So, what's a girl to do? Aside from pack, that is.

I'm listening to:

No comments: