Friday, June 5, 2009

M.U.S.i.C.

They say if you listen to music when you're pregnant, it does wonders for a child's development.
When mothers sing their children to sleep, that lullaby stays with them all their lives.
The most common and basic part of a curriculum in pre-school is song & rhyme. It's effective, contagious, and the easiest way to learn.
Your knowledge of music, or lack thereof, somewhat defines you. YOu can tell a lot about a person based on the genre of music they listen to. The more specific you get, the more personal it is.

I have a soundtrack for every significant moment/phase in my life. I have music tied in with the people i know. There is a song for every high moment i've ever had and there's definitely a single related to the lowest experiences i've ever gone through.

Literally, MUSIC is my life.

When i was 3 years old my parents enrolled me into ballet. We would sit for lunch or dinner with the radio on. I had a favorite song (like any other kid does), and when that song would come on, you can bet all your money that i'd get up from that table, run into my room, and start dancing. That's how infectious it was to me.

I dance when i hear music. Even if it's just a bounce, a sway, or a head nod. Music literally moves me.

When i'm going through something great or something that i would deem meaningful and you see me in a daze either just sitting there or standing- i'm most likely taking it all in and listening to everything that's going on around me. Without a doubt, there's a song tied in there somewhere. From that point on, every time i hear that song, that moment will play back in my head. Even if it's just for a split second.

The only 2 jobs i've ever held seriously- music related. Dancer and DJ. Go figure.
Because of music, i have traveled all over the Philippines and just recently- beyond it. I have experiences to write about and memories to gush over because of the opportunity i was given... i was just in a dope hotel and a kickass bed, tasted the best steak of my life- and music brought me there.

Music has seen me through some of the craziest moments of my life... the best and the worst. It's been there for all my glory, and was there to soothe me past my ugly cry...
It has been the reason behind how i support my family and also my main source of income for the past 8 years.

With that said, I LOVE MY JOB. I am where i am because of all this... and if anything has been the main driving factor in my life and has been a constant- it has always been music. And for that, i will forever be grateful. Forever be in love. And a constant #1 fan.

No comments: