Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

Hands down, my favorite book of all time. I finished it in 2 reads and i highly recommend it.
It was introduced to me by a really good friend of mine, Cynthia. She said it was a book that gave her standards with what it was like to be in love.
She handed it to me a week after Ian had left for the States. It was the beginning of this Long Distance shebang. My world had just shifted and i was getting used to a place where the love of my life no longer existed. It was tough.
The book couldn't have come at a more perfect time.

The waiting. The longing. The dreams. The worries.
I could relate to practically everything in that book. It gave me hope upon embarking on this journey of love in its simplest form. Because when you're in something like this, sometimes, knowing that you love each other and trust that everything will work out should be good enough.

I've read it three times. A movie was supposed to come out in 2007. It didn't. Rumors came out that it would be out by December of 2008. Again, that didn't happen. This time, the full trailer is out... and it will be in theaters this coming August.
I cannot wait.
I hope to God it doesn't disappoint.
I introduced it to a group when i was part of a book club not long ago. I got mixed reviews, of course. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion. I have no quarries with that.
Personally, i fell in love with the characters, and the book was an absolute page-turner. I could read it right now.

The book is written by Audrey Niffeneger, published in 2003.
The movie is due to hit theaters on August 14. Directed by Robert Schwentke, starring Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana.
Wanna see the trailer?

No comments: